17 May 2012

Moroccan Daydream...

 ***

 (source unknown)

 ***

The other day, I found myself swept away into daydreaming of visiting Morocco--or, at least, being in rooms inspired by this exotic land, as I was looking at some gorgeous features in the latest edition of Lonny magazine.

There is something almost-magical about Morocco, to me...



 ***


I love the beautiful ornate tile patterns, the archways, courtyards, colours...


 ***

photo by Seth Lazar (source unknown)


 ***


Even if I will only ever see Morocco in my daydreams, perhaps I could evoke a Moroccan mood at home with a few pieces, such as a metal lantern or pretty leather pouf...


 ***

 ***

 ***



Light some tea lights in Moroccan tea glasses, and watch one of my favourite films, Casablanca...



Or bring a bit of Moroccan style outside, in the garden...


 ***

 ***


Yes, a bit of escapism can be enjoyed immensely, while close to home.



3 comments:

Priscilla Joy said...

Love the Moroccan style.
Absolutely wonderful.

michele said...

ahhhhhh the image with the lanterns!! can you even imagine relaxing with that pink glow?

sigh.

michele

A Perfect Gray said...

totally my dream destination. I have my fingers crossed that I'll get there one day. wonderful images...donna